Monday, October 10, 2011

We all scream for ice cream

I am so freaking excited right now! Why? Because I have been struggling with how to celebrate Marley's upcoming 4th birthday (November 13th!), and I am finally getting over my "planner's block". The ideas are rolling in!

The only direction Marley had given me so far was "I want my friends to come to my house and play dress up". So, the "dress up party" invitations are currently in design at The Green Kangaroo and I've moved on to dessert ideas. :)

One of Marley's classmates had a birthday today and brought cupcakes to preschool. (The evidence on her face led me to the conclusion that they were of the chocolate variety.) She mentioned that she wanted cupcakes at her birthday party too; specifically "chocolate ones with chocolate syrup on top like an ice cream". Well, lo and behold - I found a recipe for cupcakes in an ice cream cone! Sweet!

I'm going to use these for inspiration:

But in Marley's world, neither cupcakes nor ice cream are complete without a rainbow of sprinkles, so I will definitely be adding those!!

No comments: